Swapy is building a decentralized protocol with a suite of three integrated applications aiming to provide Universal Access to Credit.
The Swapy Company envision a world of efficient credit markets, with no barriers to entry for new players, where consumers have the power and reap the benefits of Universal Access to Credit.
These applications are:
- The Swapy Exchange, which aims to connect smart money to emerging economies.
- Swapy Financial ID, which aims to empower people, giving them a financial identity that has the purpose to be valid anywhere in the world.
- Swapy Data Market, which aims to transform users’ financial data into self-determined value through a token-based system.
They propose that the potential and need for Swapy Network is motivated by the convergence of several extant factors. These include the global pervasiveness of under-served populations where credit is concerned, interest rate disparities between countries, asymmetries in data access and ownership, data integrity, costs of servicing credit demand, and preferred modalities for conducting transactions.
THEIR SOLUTION: SWAPY NETWORK
Swapy Network is a decentralized protocol that aims to connect the various participants within the financial industry:
- data producers
- data consumers, and others
How does Swapy Network aims to solve the problems of access to credit?
- It facilitates offers of credit in order to lower the costs of capital.
- It eliminates information asymmetry between participants through a commonly shared and updated data network.
- It provides better data so that credit companies can make better lending decisions and offer lower rates to good clients.
- It encourages lower cost capital and better information which can reduce entrance barriers for new companies.
This is Swapy Network market-based approach to accomplish the dream of Universal Access to Credit.
The Swapy Token (SWAPY) is a ERC2012 token and the basic unit of value in the Swapy Network. One unit will have 18 decimal points, which means that the lowest value one can hold is 0.000000000000000001 SWAPY.
The Swapy Token is an utility token and it will be used to:
- Pay for the individual’s information
- pay for services in Swapy Network (such as credit scoring)
- be used as collateral when requesting loans, as soon as these features become available through the decentralized applications that are being developed by the Swapy team.
Swapy Financial ID relies on smart contracts for self-sovereign identity, which is the basis for identification inside the Swapy Protocol.
The Swapy Exchange is a market-based solution for more globalized and more efficient money markets. Each country has different return expectations on invested capital.
To be able to raise funds in the Swapy Exchange, every lender must be fully compliant with the countries they do business with. Some taxes may be levied when investors collect paybacks.
Therefore, the investor will only pay the income tax on the profits taken. In the Swapy Exchange, Swapy team expect the following:
- All contracts are pegged to the US dollar and it is up to the lenders raising capital to protect itself against the exchange rate risk
- Other participants in Swapy Network will be able to offer services that may be useful to the investors as well as the lenders raising capital
- The fees charged in the Swapy Network will be paid in Swapy Tokens. They may do so through partner organizations offering hedging services to the network.
The Swapy Exchange has many use scenarios. The Swapy team is unable to predict every feature that can be added to this component.
- Investors: Individuals or funds from countries with lower interest rates who want to pursue better returns by investing in loans in other countries with comparatively high interest rates.
- Lenders raising capital: Lenders from developing nations that need to raise capital to lend in a large volume.
- Swapy Exchange: The decentralized application running over the Swapy protocol which will allow both parties to transact with no intermediaries
- Other decentralized services to operate like (a) Hedging funds or (b) Default insurance companies.
New entrants can offer products and services on the Swapy Network and get paid in Swapy tokens.
In this section, they present the multiple flows encompassed by Swapy Network. They provide a technical overview of Swapy’s smart contracts as well as the proposed decentralized applications.
Currently, their focus is to provide the basis for a B2B fundraising ecosystem, the technology for a financial identity valid worldwide, and the aspects for a data/insights market that relies on the financial identity as a source.
Swapy Network is an open-source project managed by the Swapy Company, a company fullyowned by Credit Dream, Inc.
|Total supply||100,000,000 SWAPY Tokens|
|TGE price||USD$0.65 = 1 SWAPY Token|
|Hard Cap||USD$ 30,000,000|
Read more: Whitepaper